- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and add a little more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup hot espresso or strong brewed coffee
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a medium microwave safe bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and make small holes to vent. Microwave until the milk is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk quickly until the milk mixture is foamy, about 30 seconds. Pour the espresso or coffee into a large mug and add the foamed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.