Fall is starting to begin and many different desserts are starting to be created to get into the spirit of the season. A great way to start of your fall season is by making a Southern Apple Crumble. Here is what you’ll need:
- 3 Large apples
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of packed down sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ oatmeal cookie mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 300°F. Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, toss filling ingredients. Spread mixture in baking dish.
- In same large bowl, stir cookie mix and melted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with pecans. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.